Friday, August 15, 2014

Buy The Ticket, Take The Ride.


Every now and again something really interesting happens.  I'm not going to BS you.  Sometimes it ain't pretty.  Sometimes it knocks you right out of your socks.  To put it in terms we all understand: Sometimes you win, sometimes you eat shit and bark at the moon. For me, those interesting experience seem to be coming in a flood lately.  Fortunately for yours truly, they are of the good kind of nature.

Maybe I should begin at the beginning....

I started a blogging a few years back.  I won't lie, I was on the "Julia and Julie" blog bandwagon of startup foodie sites.  Damn what a schmuk I was.  Sure, I had a handful of posts about some tasty things I was cooking or a place I had been that had food so good it would make you see sound and hear color.  But let's get real, it was a phase.

I'm sitting here now, at the Elysian pub on Capital Hill, Seattle USA, waiting for (K) so we can go indulge in some wild boar sloppy joes and Foie Gras frites at a local joint down the street. That's right baby, it's going to be a heavy dose of wicked awesome grub before we go catch an intimate musical performance put on by Sofar Seatttle (#sofarSEA   shameless plug) and down a bottle of Las Rocas Granache wine.  I'm sipping this place's pumpkin ale, thinking to myself, why not try writing again.  Maybe this time make it a little more interesting, maybe actually do something like this and stick to it, rather than have those food, travel, and experiences rolling around this head of mine like a bunch of monkeys fighting of a pale of marbles.

Anyway, I guess this is me inviting all those curious about what we in this day and age think of as scary and exotic food, far off travel destinations, the lost art of cooking for yourself, those you love, and kicking ass at life to come along and follow me on this trip. After all, if you're doing what you need, you're surviving.  If you're doing what you want, you're living.  If this blog isn't your cup of tea, no worries.  It will be somebody's double vodka.

Eat Well, Live Well.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment